Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Glory!

 3But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
 4I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
 5I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. 

My Glory!

As David pondered his situation, look at his glorious conclusion. "But thou, O LORD art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." Notice, he did not use self help, or self actualization therapy; he knew his true estate. What did he say about the Lord: the Lord is my glory!

We may believe in the power of positive thinking, but without the Lord, where would we be? It just makes one want to shout for joy! David cried to the Lord with his voice, and what happened? "He heard me out of his holy hill." We serve the very same God.

We put our trust in many things: other people, money, popularity, etc., but all of those things may fail. Even so, God will never fail His children. David was so assured of this, that he laid down and slept.

The older I become, the more difficult it is to sleep if something is on my mind. It may not even be a negative thing--it may just be anxiety over events in my life or the lives of my loved ones. David was troubled, yet, when He pondered the Lord he was able to sleep.

What did he find upon awakening? 

I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. 

Let us go to the LORD today, and live in His power and grace. We must each say, it is not my glory, but rather, it is the glory of the Lord that sustains me.

What an amazing God we have!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: