Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Hear My Prayer

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
Psalm 4:1, King James Version


Hear My Prayer


Do you hear that sense of longing as David begins this Psalm? Sometimes it seems as though we only remember the Lord when we are in trouble; and yet, does God ever get tired of our inconsistency and turn us away? No!

God did not turn David away, and He does not turn His children away today either. I love the words of David: Thou has enlarged me when I was in distress. I get the sense of God enlarging us with His comfort and grace. In distress the world seems so small, and the Lord seems so distant, but now God fills our awareness with His love.

Now, David can say with confidence: Have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. Does God answer the prayers of His saints today? Yes! As David found in his day, we know that in our day, God is our very help in the time of trouble.

Go today in the confidence of the Lord, knowing that when you cry out: Hear My Prayer, He does!

God Bless You,
Linda






No comments: