Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Enemies

19 Let them not rejoice over me who are wrongfully my enemies;
Nor let them wink with the eye who hate me without a cause.
20 For they do not speak peace,
But they devise deceitful matters
Against the quiet ones in the land.
21 They also opened their mouth wide against me,
And said, “Aha, aha!
Our eyes have seen it.

22 This You have seen, O LORD;
Do not keep silence.
O Lord, do not be far from me.
(Psalm 35:19-22, New King James Version)

My Enemies

For they do not speak peace,
But they devise deceitful matters
Against the quiet ones in the land.

I have noticed a trend that I find very disturbing, one that I would not have believed possible in my country in the 1950's and 60's when I grew up. In the march toward world peace, who is being sacrificed as the dangerous rebels in the land?

As I read news articles and read current novels written by non-Christians, I am seeing the trend of Christians being lumped in with the religious zealots of the land. That is not a good thing, as the religious zealots are becoming mistrusted and feared. But, are we Christians who are the quiet ones in the land, to be feared?

Every place we look helps us to know that we are coming closer and closer to the end of time. In the end, the entire world will join forces against the Christians. Do not be surprised, then, to see a new generation of those who hate and fear believers.

Is God absent from all of this? Does He not see what is going on? Oh yes, He sees and hears; He is never far from His faithful servants.

What should our response to these things be? By the grace of God, we need to keep our eyes on the Lord Jesus Christ who will come again, and who will triumph over the wicked in the last battle on earth. The Psalmist said it this way in Psalm 35:28.

And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness
And of Your praise all the day long.

As we see the events of our world begin to change, and an attitude of hatred and distrust develop against Christians, let us rejoice for we know that our redemption draws near!

God Bless You,
Linda

2 comments:

JGOENAR said...

Linda,

I agree with your assessment of the national situation. It is abundantly clear that there are many people in the world that just do not understand the calling of Christ. Jesus mentions this many times throughout His ministry. As followers of Christ we must stand firm in our faith. God is working in the hearts and minds of His faithful. I praise God for everyone like you Linda.

In Him

Jon
http://takeupthecrossdaily.blogspot.com

Linda Croft said...

Thank you for your comments, Jon. Yes, God is indeed working in the hearts and minds of His faithful.
LC