Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Great Peace

165 Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.
166 LORD, I hope for Your salvation,
And I do Your commandments.
167 My soul keeps Your testimonies,
And I love them exceedingly.
168 I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,
For all my ways are before You.
(Psalm 119:165-168, New King James Version)

Great Peace

Having written devotions on all of the Psalms, which appear on my Devotional Reflections from the Bible website, I have gained a much greater appreciation for David. God called David, "A man after my own heart." It would be a good thing for Christians to study the Psalms, especially the Psalms of David, because they paint a clear picture the relationship between God and His children, as well as displaying the heart that all Christians should have before God.

In verse 165, David tells us, Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.

What does it mean to love God's law? Look at verses 166-168 shown above. How did David show His love for the law? Look at the things he listed.

*LORD, I hope for your salvation.
*I do your commandments.
*My soul keeps Your testimonies.
*I love them exceedingly.
*I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies.

Now that is a lifelong goal worth pursuing! David was not just looking at his outward observance of the law, he sought obedience to the Lord from the depths of his soul. None of these things were done by David so that he looked good to others. He sought obedience to God because he knew that all of his ways, his thoughts, words, and actions, were displayed before the Lord.

Who do we desire to please? My husband and I just had a discussion on this very topic. How foolish for us to try to seek the approval of the world, or even of other Christians. There is only One we need to please. What freedom there is in that! No one who ever lived or will ever live will be loved by everyone; even Christ, the perfect Son of Man and Son of God was hated in this world. As a matter of fact, He promises that the world will hate us as well!

Remember, Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.

Pray for the grace of God today to love and be obedient to the law of God, even when that causes you to live contrary to our political correct society!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: