Monday, July 13, 2009

The Lord Will Be a Light

5 Put no trust in a neighbor; have no confidence in a friend . . . 7 But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

8 Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. . . . 9b He will bring me out to the light; I shall look upon his vindication. 10 Then my enemy will see, and shame will cover her who said to me, "Where is the LORD your God?"
Micah 7:5, 7-8, & 9b-10, English Standard Version

The Lord Will Be a Light

Where do we put our trust, or should I say, in whom do we put our trust? Being social creatures, we often put our trust in our friends and neighbors. Sometimes they become friends for life, and at other times, difficulties arise to the point that some who were our best friends become our enemies.

What about our enemies; everyone has enemies. When sin entered the world, so did strife and hatred. But, sometimes we meet someone who hates us from the first time we met, and nothing that we say or do improves our relationship with them.

It is not easy, especially if we are ridiculed. But, it is most unbearable when our former friends become our enemies. Those with whom we once shared our deepest secrets now hold us in complete disdain.

With the Lord, it is not so. We can, with assurance, look to the Lord for our entire life, knowing that He will always be a light to us. With Him, alone, can we have eternal joy and peace.

Thinking of these things helps us to keep our priorities in order. It does not matter what anyone else thinks of us, but it does matter what Christ thinks of us.

As we go about the duties of this day, let us say with Micah,

But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. . . when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me . . . . He will bring me out to the light.

God Bless You,
Linda


No comments: