Thursday, July 02, 2009

Light of Life


12 I must perform my vows to you, O God;
I will render thank offerings to you.
13 For you have delivered my soul from death,
yes, my feet from falling,
that I may walk before God
in the light of life.
Psalm 56:12-13, English Standard Version

Light of Life

I used to be a morning person; I could hardly wait to get up in the morning, especially in summer when I could run barefoot outside in the cool grass still wet with dew. I probably would still be a morning person, but now I wake up in a fog, often in pain. I find it hard to go to bed at night, especially if I am having a good day, because I know that I will have to face the next morning again.

It is so easy to become spiritually buried with the circumstances of our lives which often seem to overwhelm us. How much better would it be for us to wake up every morning and recite Psalm 56:12-13?

As Christians, we have everything to live for! Our soul is no longer bound in the chains of sin that sought to destroy us. God has delivered our very soul from death, and has kept our feet from falling. We, by the grace of God, need to change our focus that we may walk before God in the light of life!

Think about that as you go about the duties of this day. God is the light of life! Nothing can blot out that light that will shine before us forever. Bathe yourself this day in the light of life!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: