Saturday, July 04, 2009

Lamp of Light


Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:105, English Standard Version

Lamp of Light

We have a room in our apartment with no windows; it is so dark when the lights (and computer) are turned off, that you have to feel your way to find the door. That made me think of this verse from Psalm 119. Spiritually speaking, our lives are rooms with no windows apart from the lamp of light provided for us from the Lord.

Because of sin, however, we are told by Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:12,

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face; now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (King James Version)

It is so important that we guard our lamp of light. Our lives can become tarnished as the shade on our lamp becomes darker and darker because of sin in our own lives.

Oh to be perfect! I am the worst at putting my foot in my mouth. I love satire, but I try not to become immersed in satire that harms the lives or names of others. That is pretty hard to do when it is so popular today to "slam" other people.

Think about the Lamp of Light that is provided to you by the Lord God of Hosts, and pray that, by the grace of God, your lamp will not become tarnished with sin. Perfection will come for believers when we meet our Lord Jesus Christ face to face, and our lamps will remain clear for eternity.

Lord, hasten the day!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: