Friday, July 10, 2009

Justice For a Light


1 "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the LORD: look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug."

4 "Give attention to me, my people, and give ear to me, my nation; for a law will go out from me, and I will set my justice for a light to the peoples. 5 My righteousness draws near, my salvation has gone out, and my arms will judge the peoples. . . . 6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look at the earth beneath; for the heavens vanish like smoke, and the earth will wear out like a garment, and they who dwell in it will die in like manner; but my salvation will be forever, and my righteousness will never be dismayed.
Isaiah 51:1 4-5a, & 6, English Standard Version

Justice For a Light

Take the time to read all of Isaiah 51; what a powerful chapter! As I think of the world in which we live, I am drawn to verse 4: I will set my justice for a light to the peoples. As I look at the great nations of the world, I have to ask, "Where is justice?" Nation after nation is quickly abandoning the Bible and making laws which are more right in their own eyes than the commandments of God!

As a child, I never dreamed that laws would be written in our country in direct opposition to the Word of God. Such is the world in which we live.

What hope do we have as Christians in such a world? God tells us in verse 6 shown above, Lift up your eyes to the heavens . . . the heavens vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment . . . but my salvation will be forever.

God further encourages us with these words from verses 7-8.

Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings. For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the worm will eat them like wool; but my righteousness will be forever, and my salvation to all generations.

What a wonderful hope we have in Christ. As we see nation after nation abandon God's Word, we still know in our heart that God gives us justice for a light. No man can make laws contrary to God's Word. They are not true laws, but empty words upon a piece of paper.

As wickedness increases in this world, we Christians will face more and more hatred and derision from the world around us. Let us be strong in the Lord, holding on to the righteousness of Christ, which will be forever.

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: