Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I Form Light


I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7 I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the LORD who does all these things.
8 "Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness;
let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
let the earth cause them both to sprout;
I the LORD have created it.
Isaiah 45:6b-8, English Standard Version

I Form Light

I believe that every Christian should be an avid reader of the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Passages such as Isaiah 45, give us a clear picture of our LORD God. Read again the powerful verses shown above.

I am the LORD, and there is no other.
I form light and create darkness,
I make well-being and create calamity,
I am the LORD, who does all these things.

In our busy day-to-day lives, we have a tendency to forget our Creator and Redeemer. God, our Father, is in control of all things. When sin entered our world, God could have banished all of mankind for eternity, but look what He chose to do instead.

Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the earth open,
that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit;
let the earth cause them both to sprout;
I the LORD have created it.

Let us pray this day that we will walk in obedience and faithfulness with our God who has brought righteousness to His people. Pray that you will not be one of those who strives with God. The temptations of this world are strong, but this God who said, "I form light," is the only true and faithful God that we should love and obey.

What an awesome God we have!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: