Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nursing Child

15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.
16 Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."
Isaiah 49:15-16a, English Standard Version

Nursing Child

I have had the privilege to nurse some of my children. I cannot understand how a woman could forget her nursing child. Even if you get away for a little while you base your schedule upon the next nursing time.

Actually, one does not have to nurse to understand the bond between a mother and her baby. She will do everything in her power to care for her child.

Until you have children of your own, you never quite understand this bond that remains throughout life.

Yet, the woman can forget her child? Other pressures and responsibilities can press upon her until she forgets even her children!

God tells us that even though you may forget your child, God will never forget you!

"I will not forget you. Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

This is the God we serve! We may forget Him, but as His children, He will never forget us. We are engraved on His hands. (I don't think this just means a tattoo!)

I encourage you, today, to go to God; pray that He will restore to you the joy of being a Christian. Just spend some time with Him; meditate upon His Word and His promises, and delight in Him!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: