Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Bread of Adversity

18 Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.

19 For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you. 20 And though the LORD give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. 21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
Isaiah 30:18-21, English Standard Version

Bread of Adversity

The end is near! A day is coming when the bread of adversity and the water of affliction will be no more.

This has been a rather difficult year for my family; it seems as though we have been hit with one "storm" after another. I know the comforting words, "God never sends more than we can bear," and yet I must admit, I did not know that I could bear this much!

In the end, however, I must say that it is true. I am re-learning many truths that have been tucked far away in my memory, the most obvious being, the Lord does not run his train on my track!

I had everything planned! I knew my schedule, and was content just to follow it every day. Now, however, my life runs on the triage effect; I do the most critical thing, and let the other "necessary" duties go. It has been an interesting experience, because a lot of pressure has been relieved!

You see, in all of this, my Teacher has not hid himself from me. Instead, He has faithfully said, "This is the way; walk in it." Do you realize how amazing that is? Even though we may have the best of intentions, it is important for us to understand that God's purposes are not always our purposes, and that His ways are not always our ways!

So, though God may be sending you the bread of adversity; pray for the strength to go forward. As you beseech the Lord, He will say to you, too, "This is the way; walk in it." In the end, that is all that matters!

God Bless You,
Linda

No comments: