Monday, November 03, 2008

Believe in the Light

November 3: Mark 11 & John 12

27 “Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” 30 Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. 31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die. 34 So the crowd answered him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?” 35 So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.”
John 12:27-36

Believe in the Light

“The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.”

I can not imagine what it must have been like for Christ, the Lord of Glory, our only true Light, to walk and minister in this world while surrounded by so much unbelief. Nothing that I can imagine could come close to a true comparison. Christ, the Light of the World, came to bring that light to His people, and yet His people did not comprehend it. How dark is unbelief!

Think of that as you go about your duties of this day; realize that all of the unsaved around you are groping about in darkness. As a Christian, you represent the Light of all Glory; you are that walking Light to them. Yet, if they reject you they are really rejecting Christ; do not be offended by their unbelief.

In Christ's darkest hour He fled to the garden to cry out to His Father, who alone could truly comprehend the price He would have to pay to purchase a people for Himself. Remember His words, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" Forsaken by God!

Pray for all of those unsaved people around you and for your unsaved loved ones and friends. Go to Christ and cry out for their souls. Only Christ can remove that darkness from them and bathe them in the purity and holiness of His Light.

Believe in the Light!

God Bless You,
Linda

All Scripture is from the English Standard Version of the Bible.

No comments: